Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Color Focus

When I first rendered this image, it looked like a butterfly wing.  I actually really liked it:
Butterfly Wing / C. Calhoun 2012.  All rights reserved.
The thing is, I knew this picture wasn't balanced.  I went into my graphics program, intent upon turning it into a butterfly.  
But, after hours of copying, duplicating, cropping, stretching, and even trying to use spheroids of this image, I finally gave up.  It's not because I'm not going to do something with this, but it's my goal to actually finish a fractal every day.  I knew that I was in danger of not completing my task.
So, I changed the parameters, kept the same colors and kept experimenting.  I came up with this:
Color Focus / C. Calhoun 2012.  All rights reserved.
I am pleased with the second picture.  I think I'll keep it.  But, the first image is "asking" me to do more with it.  I'm just not sure what I'm going to do.  I'll let it "sit" for awhile and I may go back to that one.  In the meantime, I'll submit Color Focus for publication on products at my Zazzle store.  
I am not usually big on spherical images (which was what gave me the idea to work with spheres in the first picture above), but I like how it looks like there is a "lens" placed on top of the image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment