Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Clear Clams

Clear Clams / C. Calhoun 2012.  All rights reserved.
The first thing I thought of when I made this fractal was the beach.  It could echo the waters you see or the ocean waves.  The pink could be the sunrise or sunset.  The smaller, messier parts of this fractal image are like splashes or sand.  
Indeed, they're not the actual image of the beach, but I can't help but think of clam shells and the  beauty that you find at the beach.
Ah, the beach.  I remember that I truly discovered this art form immediately after a beach trip.  I need to go back...if just to get gobs more inspiration.
I also have to remark that I love the "pointyness" of the messier objects (sounds like a star cluster, doesn't it?).  These make me think of those glass-blowing artists and the way they manipulate the heated glass, all the while dancing to their favorite music like Gipsy Kings.  
Oh...that reminds me....The Gipsy Kings are a really great Spanish guitar-playing group that are awesome to create fractals to:



No comments:

Post a Comment